Transport Access Points:
|Inner West - Museum to Leichhardt
City South; China Town; Paddy's Market - Ultimo - Glebe - Johnston's Creek - Annandale - Jubilee Park - Whites Creek - War Memorial Park - Pioneer's Memorial Park - Leichhardt - Italian Forum - Lambert Park - Marion Street.
Johnston's Creek - Annandale
began its existence as a number of land grants. In particular two
brothers Hugh and John Piper had a number of large grants between them.
Hugh Piper established "Piperston". This estate was bought in 1846 by
Walter Beames who was a friend of Ludwig Leichhardt. Beames assisted
Leichhardt with provisions for his explorations and he also changed the
name of "Piperston" to Leichhardt after his friend.